Deprecated: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in /home/rradministrator/richmondrail.org/blogs/wp-includes/functions-formatting.php on line 76
This Monday and Tuesday, METRO will hold the first official public meetings since they announced the final three alignment options for the University Line west of Main Street back in December.
These meetings are part of the required environmental process, and the public’s first opportunity to give METRO specific feedback about the remaining options. Here’s what RichmondRail supporters will tell METRO:
- We want light rail for our neighborhoods.
- We support the Richmond-to-Cummins option because it goes where we need to go.
- We oppose Culberson’s elevated backyard option which leaves Richmond at Montrose-to-US59-to-Kirby-to-Westpark.
- We want neighborhood-friendly design and amenities.
- We want minimal disruption from construction and effective mitigation of impacts.
Fundamentally, we want neighborhood-friendly light rail transit for our urban neighborhoods. And we want it on Richmond Avenue through Neartown, Upper Kirby, and Greenway Plaza. If you agree with us, be sure to sign our online petition of support! And consider attending one of METRO’s meetings:
What:METRO University Line (West Side) Open House and Planning Workshop
When:Monday, March 26, two sessions:
Open House from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm;
Open House & Planning Workshop from 6:00 pm to 8:00 p.m.
Where: Renaissance Hotel at Greenway Plaza, 6 Greenway Plaza East. Hotel parking will be complimentary.
A second set of sessions on Tuesday, March 27, will focus primarily on the University line east of Main Street, and will be held at the UH Hilton. METRO says the public may attend either day if unable to attend the appropriate day.
See you there!